We love working with small businesses, handmade companies and start up concepts. It’s so exciting for us to see the unique products these folks have created. We rounded up a few unique ideas that we love and we thought you would too.
It’s time to plan ahead and start getting your gift list in order. Below are some deals and ideas to get you going on the right foot this holiday. Tune in to ABC Detroit on 11/13 and Fox Chicago on 11/17 to see some of our picks live.
1. Blue Sky Personalized Notebooks (30% off!)
The best part about planning ahead for the Holidays is you can get so many things personalized. Creating something just for them makes it even more special and thoughtful. The popular line of Blue Sky personalized planners and notebooks just launched the ability to completely customize their notebooks with initials, names and really cute pattern options. Perfect to give teachers, friends, coworkers, etc. Create a design unique to them!
Use Code GIFTINSIDER30 for 30% off
2. AVALON Virtual Reality Headset (20% off!)
AVALON is a brand new affordable virtual reality headset. VR or Virtual Reality is super popular but, most current VR options aren’t accessible to the masses and require an expensive computer or specific game console. What’s great about AVALON is that it’s universal for all smartphones & has loads of user friendly comfort. Perfect for your favorite gamer! $59
Use code GIFTINSIDER20 for 20% off
3.Ghoftdrone 2.0 (10% off)
No experience needed to fly the coolest Drone on the market, GHOSTDRONE 2.0. All you need is your smart phone & the Ehang app and you can capture amazing photos & video footage. Ready to fly right out of the box with 3 easy flight modes. Only drone that lets you see what the Drone sees with its cool FPV goggles. Black or White. $899. $200 off 11/20 – 12/31
Use Code GIFTINSIDER10 for 10% off
4. Tile Tracker (20% off!)
Tile is the perfect gift for the person who tends to forget all their latest gadgets and gizmos. (guilty!) Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that finds everyday items like your phone, keys, purse, glasses in seconds. Easily attach it to the things you need most. perfect stocking stuffer! The Tile combo 4 pack includes 2 Tile Slims and 2 Tile Mates. Normally $110, now $90
20% off for holidays
5. Gift Crates (30% off!)
Perfectly giftable Gift Crates arrive at your door in a wooden crate & are to be opened with enclosed crowbar. They come in all different themes for all types of recipients. This is their Old School Gift Crate, the gift of favorite memories! Includes Old School toys … Slinky, Rubick’s Cube, Yomega Yo Yo, Pez Dispenser & of course Old School Cand. Tons of cool stuff from your past! $74.99
Use GIFTINSIDER30 for 30% off till 11/26/2016
7. Fin Fun Mermaid Tales
These gorgeous Fin Fun Mermaid Tails are a magical gift whether it’s for swimming or a costume. Swimmable & fun, they also have a flipper/monofin to go under tail. $99 for kids & $109 for adults, which includes a removable Fin Fun monofin, so that you can really swim like a mermaid. Fantasy accomplished.
8. David’s Teas
Cozy and beautifully packaged David’s Tea gift sets are perfect for anyone on your list, clients, coworkers, secret saints. Start a new tradition with their book-inspired tea collections, gift a color changing tea mug, or their warm and cozy tea set. $28
Help them stay true to their eco values, even with their Christmas tree. Habitree is a new kind of holiday tree created for people whose values such as sustainability are as important as the joy they take in decorating for the holidays. Made from premium, sustainably farmed wood. Love these for apartment dwellers & businesses too. Made of Kebony Wood, available in Clear & Character wood types. 37″, 50″ or 70″ tall. $315 to $581.
Check out our clip on Fox Chicago News chatting about a few of these unique gifts.
We also chatted about this picks on ABC Detroit!
We’d love to hear what you are gifting for the Holidays. Check out our Hanukkah/Christmas gift section for more inspo.
Tis the season for holiday shopping & gifting! There are so many gifts to choose from, we wanted to bring you some totally unique picks for the season for all those people in your life who have it all. Tune into WGN Chicago to see these picks live in action. Happy Shopping!
1. Metal + Wood Photo Prints from Inkdot ($25 – $270) – Inkdot is a Chicago-based company that takes those photos that are stuck on your phone or camera & prints them onto wood or metal.
2. Emojified Custom Portrait ($75) – For the teen or tech-lover in your life, here is a way to spice up their walls and their texting game with a custom Emoji portrait. You receive a print AND digital file based on the customization elements you provide the artist and delivery within 1 week after customization details.
3. Three Dots and a Dash Tiki Mug ($28) – For your holiday hosts and hostesses, we love the idea of a bringing a “ Drink Kit.” Pair a nice bottle of booze with all the fixings you need to make a special cocktail. For a tropical vibe, pair the popular Tiki Mugs from 3 Dots and a Dash with their funky seahorse swizzle sticks and a nice bottle of rum.
4. Personalized Dart Board from Darts & Decor ($50) – Get him something personalized for his Mancave. This customized 18” regulation size Dart Board is made of quality cork & finished with a metal frame, wire numbering & inner grid. Full color is printed directly on the Dart Board. Comes with two sets of darts and is the perfect gift for Him.
5. Custom Candles Made from Your Own Bottle ($59) Coolest way to savor sentimental memories. Get Wickd from NYC, repurposes your special occasion bottles of wine/champagne/alcohol & turns them into luxe eco-friendly engravable candles. Save & mail your bottle, email your message & they engrave & fill your bottle with a natural soy candle & you choose the scent.
6. Sound Amplifying Cell Phone Cases ($29) – This new brooklyn-based line of tech cases, Goze, can amplify your phone 2.5x without needing additional batteries or plugging anything in. They are also bright, fun colors AND they are also antimicrobial so helps handle the issue of how many grimmy germs are on all of our cell phone cases.
7. Customized Gift Robe Set from Luxor Linens – A personalized robe for 40% off – the perfect gift for the spa or pamper lover in your life. You can monogram these robes or personalize with their name and include the comfy slippers for the ultimate relaxing gift.
TGI Deal // Deal Price is $59.95 after you use GIFTINSIDER40
We’ve teamed up with some of these cool companies to bring you exclusive discounts and awesome ideas. We fully recommend the picks we’ve suggested!
It’s almost December, so time to get those minds thinkin’ about your holiday shopping lists. We’ve rounded up a few gift ideas and some fab holiday deals to get you started. As always, browse the site for 100’s of ideas, but below are a few picks we thought were worthy enough to get going on early.
1. Flowers that Last 6 Months by Blooms by Heinau ($9 – $459) These are a game changer. They are real flowers last 6 months or longer. For the holidays, we love the idea of giving them to clients, co-workers or bosses – they will last way longer than a batch of sugar cookies.
2. DIY Drink Kit from Brit + Co ($32): DIY is all the rage, but sometimes it’s hard to get all the supplies together for a night of crafting. Enter Brit+Co — a site that is made for the modern creatives of the world. This DIY Cocktail Party Kit comes with everything you need to make a set of personalized rock glasses and coasters for your next cocktail party, perfect gift for your next hostess.
3. Custom Luxury Candles by GetWickd ($59): This new NYC-based company repurposes your special occasion bottles of champs and turns them into a keep-forever candle that you can include your own custom message on.
4. The Bracelet That Holds Your Hair Tie ($45): This gold, silver or rose gold bracelet has been all over the blogosphere this holiday. It’s such a simple but perfect gift for any lady in your life. The bracelet looks chic on it’s own but also acts as a disguise for those ugly hair ties that we all need easily accessible. You can custom engrave as well.
5. Monthly Gift Box by Peaches and Petals ($14.99/month): Monthly box of pretty and fun, hand-curated jewelry and accessories. Totally different items come each month. Think – scarves, earrings, beauty goodies.
6. Luxor Linens Customized Robe & Slipper Set ($59.95) There’s nothing more perfect than a luxe personalized they-would-never-buy themselves holiday gift. Especially when we have 40% off a coupon code for ya!
A new company on TGI is SwixPix. It’s a family owned business and you can easily personalize any word from an assortment of original color or black & white letter photos. The letters are framed together in their floating frames. Clever gift for weddings, birthdays, holidays or even a baby’s room.
How cute is this SwixPix that our Intern Jourdan gave one of her college bestie for her 21st birthday?!
This Heart Map Print by AGierDesign on Etsy is one of our very popular go-to wedding gifts. Choose any 2 cities or small towns & this artist puts them together in a heart. So sweet for 2 people that come from different places. Print is unmatted and unframed. (Frame may be added). 3 sizes, 8″x10″ $50 & see
We’ve written about this company’s prints & canvases in the past, but we’re super into their new jewelry line, especially for the ladies. Can’t get more unique and personalized than this!
Soundwave Art™ Pendants are engraved with your voice pattern or the pattern of any sound. Example – you can engrave your wedding vows or a loveable nickname subtly onto a pendant by using the pattern of your soundwaves instead of the actual words. You can also include an inscription on the back of the pendant. This heart style is perfect for the girly girl, or check out their “bar necklace” style design for a little edgier look.
The company has created specially designed software that allows you to record directly on the website or you can even upload your own audio file or video.