Let’s face it, nobody in this world is there for you like your BFF. Here at TGI, we believe in spoiling your gals just as much as you would your significant other. We decided to team up with Bow & Drape for a fun GIVEAWAY that’ll be the perfect post-Galentine’s day gift to show your BFF just how much you love her. Their “You Had Me At Merlot” Sweatshirt can be yours with two simple steps…
Enter in TGI’s Sweepstakes to win the ultimate present for your favorite friend!
The competition rules are simple:
1.) Follow TheGiftInsider on Instagram
2.) Tag a BFF in the comments and write one word that describes her
We will announce the winner on Monday, February 29th.
You may have seen these beautiful handcrafted works of art on a recent shark tank! LovePops are not your typical greeting card, they are intricate 3D sculptures that lay flat and pop open to display incredibly designed teddy bears, flowers bouquets, tree scenes with a couple swinging underneath. It’s the perfect step above your average greeting card, perfect for when you are just starting out in a relationship.
2. Dating But Not Overly Serious For Him – GiftCrates ($25 – $145)
The solution for new relationship gifts is to think of their interests or hobbies and go from there. For him, choose a themed crate from GiftCrates from the bacon lover to a Chicago Bears fan and give him a whole crate full of snacks, gadgets and manly gear related to his favorite things. *note price in video is incorrect, bacon crate is $59.99
3. Dating But Not Overly Serious For Her – Emoji Pillow ($15)
This emoji pillow is a cute and flirty take on giving your lady a teddy bear for Valentine’s Day. It’s a little cheeky, a little romantic and just spot on for a just starting on Valentine’s Day. Add some unique and equally cheeky Valentine’s Day sweets like these “Hey Sugar Lips” gummies or “bear hug” gummy bears all available at Papersource.
The easiest way to go for a first big gift is give something he needs, something practical. This brand new company Blackwood Wallets has genuine leather wallets that start at $55 AND we have a 50% off code for everything. Use code Blackwoodevent for 50% off!
If you are looking to make it more personal, compliment with these personalized wallet inserts using your own handwriting from Etsy artist Vintage Branding Co.
5. You’re committed! For Her – Real Flowers that Last Blooms by Heinau ($10 – $449)
These game changing flowers are the perfect way to step it up from the usual bouquets and show you wanna make this last. These arrangements from BloomsbeHeinau are real flowers last 6 months or longer. 100% fresh-cut blooms are cut at their peak & the water & sap in the plant cells is replaced by a moisturizer prolonging it’s beauty. 25+ colors of roses and hydrangeas w/ 50+ different arrangements. All natural, maintenance-free & requires absolutely no water.
6. You’ve Celebrated A Few Key Milestones – GetWickd Candles Made From Your Own Bottle
These custom candles made from your own saved bottles are the perfect gift as you are starting to celebrate some happy milestones together: 1st Valentine’s Day, 1 year, engagements, anniversaries. Get Wickd from NYC, repurposes your special occasion bottles of wine/champagne/alcohol & turns them into luxe eco-friendly engravable candles. Save & mail your bottle, email your message & they engrave & fill your bottle with a natural soy candle & you choose the scent. (Start at $59)
We love anything you can personalize, which is why we’re very into Undone Watches. There 1 million unique combinations of customization, you can build your entire watch online from the color of the case & bezel to the hour and minute hands.We love that you can also upload a favorite photo or personalize the back of the glass caseback with a special message. Love that you can make this watch as individual as you are. ~$430 &
This elegant Riedel decanter has a special and perfect for Valentine’s Day twist. The heart cut out shines through when used (especially with dark reds) which makes this it a beautiful, elegant and keep forever piece. Pair with your favorite bottle of red and it will be a perfectly romantic gift no matter how many years it’s been. $225
Check us out chatting on ABC Detroit on 2/6 about some of these picks.
Also, watch us chat w/ on Good Day Chicago about all these gifts. (with a little surprise appearance at the end from my new hubby!)
We’re big fans of giving candles as gifts, it’s a luxe treat everyone loves to have around the house, but people don’t always buy for themselves. The only thing we aren’t fans of is when those fancy, beautiful and fabulously scented candles run out. Enter, a great alternative, Firefly reusable oil candles.
We played around in the office for Valentine’s Day and love the chic look, especially with some Valentine’s Day flare.
Tips for Valentine’s Day:
– Surprise your sweetie with a room full of tea lights in the shape of a heart
– Fill their Hurricane Votive with conversation hearts, rose petals or their V-day treat of choice
It’s almost the day that is dedicated solely to you and your main squeeze. Luckily, February 14th falls on a Saturday this year, so you have a whole weekend to fill with romance. To help all of you Detroiters who are a little lost in the world of romantic gifting, we partnered up with our friends at Daily Detroit to round up some detroit-centric Valentine’s Day ideas. We have ideas for romantic Detroit date nights, local events to attend and some out-of-the box Detroit made products that we are sure will make your sweeties swoon.
1. Sign you and your Valentine up for the hilarious, memorable and charitable Cupid Undie Run on February 14th. What’s more romantic than running half naked through the streets of Detroit?
2. Not interested in toughing it out for the Undie Run? Pick out some lingerie at Detroit’s new Busted Bra Shop.
3. Give a more meaningful piece of jewelry this year and give a one-of-kind piece by Rebel Nell, all made from repurposed Detroit graffiti and crafted by local Detroit women.
4. Plan a Detroit game night crawl. Head to Fowling Warehouse (think bowling mixed with football, mixed with horseshoe) then end the night at Punch Bowl Social for some Ping Pong, old-school arcades and maybe even a little karaoke.
5. Tap into your artsy side and enroll you and your partner in a pottery class at Pewabic. Try one of their BYOB Friday Night Out classes (there’s still openings for February 13th!).
6. Don’t just surprise them with a new Shinola watch, surprise them with a trip to the Midtown Shinola Store and let them pick one out for themselves.
7. Take them to the Detroit Zoo Gone Wild, it includes a strolling dinner, drinks and a revealing look into the mating rituals of your favorite zoo animals.
8. Head to the VLNTNSDYMRKT to pick up some Pot & Box flowers, Petes Chocolates or cards from The Detroit Card Co.
9. There’s nothing more romantic than old school Detroit and some live Jazz at Cliff Bell’s. Enjoy the art-deco atmosphere with some smooth music, a bite to eat, and a cocktail.
10. Valentine Vodka is an apt name for a vodka for this season! It’s high quality, too, and has a unique and tasty peppery finish. You can either grab a bottle as a gift, or maybe plan a night out at their fabulous tasting room in downtown Ferndale.
Don’t forget to check out Daily Detroit for some great pieces on what’s going on downtown!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! We have some thoughtful and sweet ideas for your Valentines this year.
1. Make Your Own Romantic Tees from SunFrog Shirts
This little t-shirt site started out as a couple college kids designing shirts for tourist companies & now there are over 36 million designs on SunFrogShirts.com. The beauty is that anyone can upload a tee shirt design & if your design sells, you make a commission. Here’s one of their big Valentine favorites & a sure way to score some major brownie points. “I love my wife” t-shirt, $24.99 or Hoodie, $39.99 15% off Coupon Code on TGI
2. Monthly Artisan Food Club by Mantry
Perfect for the man in your life. Mantry is a food of the month club that helps you discover american artisan made food and what to do with it. All american made, comes in a cool american made crate and the perfect gift for your foodie Valentine.
3. Firefly Eco-Friendly Oil Candles
These Eco-Friendly Oil Candles last much longer than wax candles & are a green alternative to wax. For a romantic Valentine’s Day idea fill their Hurricane Votive with rose petals or arrange a grouping of tea lights for a romantic surprise. Available in Tea light, votive, pillars & custom designs.
20% off Coupon Code on TGI
4. Godiva Chocolate Cigars For Him, Keepsake Heart Box For Her
If you’re going to give chocolate, give Godiva. Try these unique chocolate covered cigars For Him or their new limited edition heart-shaped chocolate keepsake box For Her. The boxes are beautiful to use as save boxes after you finish off all that chocolate.
5. Monogramed Rose Colored Handbags by Gigi New York
Gigi New York is one of our favorite leather companies as all of their pieces can be personalized. It makes the substance and practicality of giving a nice leather bag much more meaningful. We’re loving their new spring Rose Color for Valentine’s Day. Try their everyday clutch or tote.
6. A DIY Cuddle Kit w/ Chocolate Shop Wine
A DIY Cuddle Kit is a sweet way to give an “experience” but also a physical gift. Purchase a nice basket, a cozy blanket, wine (we love Chocolate Shop Wine for Valentine’s Day), a DVD, romantic playlist or a few games and you have a sweet gift and romantic date night coupled into one.
30% Off Coupon Code for Chocolate Shop Wine on TGI
Who’s your 2015 Valentine? With the most romantic day of the year around the corner, it’s just about time to start thinking about how to show your love. We want to help out! Here is a list of awesome gifts that will make this Valentine’s Day especially memorable. These gifts are playful, creative and will be a total hit! Be sure to check out our “For Valentine’s Day” board on Pinterest for more ideas.
DIY bouquet gift – “you comfort me”
Get creative and make a gift bouquet that tells your man what you love about him. We think this is fun and easy and will show your love!
This gadget is the key to your man’s happiness on Valentine’s Day morning, and who doesn’t love a good breakfast sandwich? The Breakfast Sandwich Maker puts all of the ingredients together and you’re ready to go…breakfast is served!
Want a creative way to show someone all of the reasons you love them?
Write your top ten reasons and tie them to a helium balloons for a wonderfully romantic suprise. We printed each reason on sticker paper and stuck to different styled scrapbooking paper, but it’s just as sweet (and easier!) to handwrite each reason as well.