It’s almost December, so time to get those minds thinkin’ about your holiday shopping lists. We’ve rounded up a few gift ideas and some fab holiday deals to get you started. As always, browse the site for 100’s of ideas, but below are a few picks we thought were worthy enough to get going on early.
1. Flowers that Last 6 Months by Blooms by Heinau ($9 – $459) These are a game changer. They are real flowers last 6 months or longer. For the holidays, we love the idea of giving them to clients, co-workers or bosses – they will last way longer than a batch of sugar cookies.
2. DIY Drink Kit from Brit + Co ($32): DIY is all the rage, but sometimes it’s hard to get all the supplies together for a night of crafting. Enter Brit+Co — a site that is made for the modern creatives of the world. This DIY Cocktail Party Kit comes with everything you need to make a set of personalized rock glasses and coasters for your next cocktail party, perfect gift for your next hostess.
3. Custom Luxury Candles by GetWickd ($59): This new NYC-based company repurposes your special occasion bottles of champs and turns them into a keep-forever candle that you can include your own custom message on.
4. The Bracelet That Holds Your Hair Tie ($45): This gold, silver or rose gold bracelet has been all over the blogosphere this holiday. It’s such a simple but perfect gift for any lady in your life. The bracelet looks chic on it’s own but also acts as a disguise for those ugly hair ties that we all need easily accessible. You can custom engrave as well.
5. Monthly Gift Box by Peaches and Petals ($14.99/month): Monthly box of pretty and fun, hand-curated jewelry and accessories. Totally different items come each month. Think – scarves, earrings, beauty goodies.
6. Luxor Linens Customized Robe & Slipper Set ($59.95) There’s nothing more perfect than a luxe personalized they-would-never-buy themselves holiday gift. Especially when we have 40% off a coupon code for ya!
We all wait last-minute, it’s okay! If you follow us, you know we are huge fans of Amazon Prime. They have pretty much everything and you can always get it with Free 2 Day Shipping which is a wonderful, wonderful thing for all you last-minute gifters out there.
There’s no doubt that White Elephant Parties are always a blast but don’t the gifts always seem.. kind of pointless? We suggest that you and your friends vamp it up this year. We’ve come up with a list of potential gifts that stick with the traditional theme of white elephant parties, but have a little more staying power! And the best part? They are all $25 or less! Get to gifting!
What will you drink post White Elephant party? Let the dice decide! Roll the dice to reveal the recipes for yummy drinks! // $25
Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity is our go to game when we just want to hang with friends!! //$25
Jello Shots Syringes
Make jello shots even more fun! These syringe shots are sure to add flair to any upcoming party! //$19
Self Stirring Mug
You may laugh, but this is the ultimate gift for the lazy girl in the morning! It even comes with a lid! We definitely want it.. //$20
Ain’t No Wifey Beanie
Perfect for the girl with LOTS of sass. We think this is fab! Who could be disappointed leaving a White Elephant with this in tow? //$25
Chrome Gun Coffee Mug
This screams “Don’t talk to me, it’s WAY too early”. So edgy, so fierce. //$12
A piggy bank that literally eats your money! The mouth even moves when your hand gets close to it! //$14.95
Every single item can be purchased through TGI right now! What’s your go to White Elephant gift? Tell us about it in the comments!
Start the habit of having signature “go-to gift” for each type of person on your list: hostess, coworker, friend, etc. It saves you time and you end up having your own style of gift-giving each season.
Can’t find a substantial enough gift for someone on your list? Find a few small gifts they’ll love and put them all in a cute DIY gift package. Try using a practical vessel like a chic ice bucket or square vase.
Don’t get too crazy with DIY gifts for the Holidays unless you are a seasoned DIY-er. It’s easier to plan DIY gifts throughout the year vs the holidays when you have so many people on your list.
Know what apps to use – Huckster, track when an item goes on sale. Poachit, a bookmarklet to find coupon codes, Swirl, deals when you walk in a store
When shopping for gifts for out of town family and friends, try using national chains that have stores in their area so they can easily return or exchange if they need.
It’s the season for constant parties, celebrations and festivities. With that, obviously also comes a lot of Hostess Gift needs. If you waited last-minute and it’s hours before a party, we’re here to help! Here are some downloadable and FREE wine tags from The Gift Insider so if all you can scrape together is a nice bottle of vino, at least you’ll have a cute wine tag to go with it.