It was my turn to host our monthly dinner club last month. Each month the host chooses the theme, so I decided to go with a Boho Picnic theme. I wanted to make it really laid-back with a cozy vibe. I told the girls to wear something casual and comfy and we all sat outside on a low table piled with pillows and blankets under our string lights. Each girl brought an easy picnic food (pasta salad, skewers, roll ups). Below are some photos and things you’ll need if you want to host your own boho picnic.
1. Low Picnic Table: We found these low portable picnic table’s at Crate and Barrel and put three together to make enough room. We added a runner from West Elm and some lanterns from Target with citronella candles.
2. Plastic Tableware: We received these Melamine Michael Aram Orchid plates as a wedding present, and have used them everytime we entertain outside.
3. Rugs + Pillows: To make the it all work you need to make sure it’s comfortable for everyone to sit without chairs. We love the look of piling lots of different textures and patterned rugs and pillows to really give off that boho vibe. We used things we had around the house, a round beach towel, a picnic blanket, etc.
4. String Lights: Lights are a must for the boho picnic vibe. Check out our Housewarming Party post to see how we did those.
5. Drinks + Plastic Glassware: This line of plastic glassware we found on our Honeymoon in Capri, Italy but you can order on Amazon! We did lots of Rose and Pelligrino, but Sangria would a fun way to go for this theme too.
6. Cheese Boards: For our dinner club each girl brings one dish for everyone to share. For mine, I decided to go for my first attempt at an #instaworthy cheese board. The key is to pile the big pieces on first and then fill in with the smaller fruit, nuts and crackers. And of course, a pretty cheese board never hurts.
It was such a lovely night, we can’t wait to do it again next summer.