It seems like everyone is on a health kick these days! It can be tough finding a gift for someone that might not be thrilled with a box of cupcakes.We have a solution! The person that says “no thanks” to cake and cookies would love a healthy gift with a personal touch! We’ve picked out some DIY gifts that are all about a healthy body and mind – Think fit, relaxed and YUM!
Women’s Fitness Basket
This Women’s Fitness basket is so cute! Perfect for the friend that’s all about the work-out life or someone trying to stick to a healthy living New Year’s resolution!
We totally acknowledge how hard it must be to shop for a gift-giving expert, that’s why we were so touched by all the sweet and thoughtful engagement gifts we got this year. Here’s a roundup of just a few of our favorites.
A Mini Painted Canvas and an Initial Ring Dish
Mr and Mrs Luggage Tags, Wedding Planning Books and a Framed Photo of our Engagement Picture
A DIY Box of Bottles for Every”First”
Year Established Schey Family Plaque
Mr and Mrs Schey Stemless Wine Glasses
Days Until We Become Mr and Mrs Schey Door Hanger
L+J Wooden Cheese Board
LoveBirds Handmade by Grandma Gift Insider <3
Yes, Dear Pillow + Kate Spade Mr and Mrs Frame
Kate Spade Polka Dot Vase
These are just a few of our favorites. Browse our engagement gift section for other ideas and deals on engagement gifts.
What were some of your favorite gifts you’ve given or received for engagement gifts?
We’re big fans of giving candles as gifts, it’s a luxe treat everyone loves to have around the house, but people don’t always buy for themselves. The only thing we aren’t fans of is when those fancy, beautiful and fabulously scented candles run out. Enter, a great alternative, Firefly reusable oil candles.
We played around in the office for Valentine’s Day and love the chic look, especially with some Valentine’s Day flare.
Tips for Valentine’s Day:
– Surprise your sweetie with a room full of tea lights in the shape of a heart
– Fill their Hurricane Votive with conversation hearts, rose petals or their V-day treat of choice
It’s almost the day that is dedicated solely to you and your main squeeze. Luckily, February 14th falls on a Saturday this year, so you have a whole weekend to fill with romance. To help all of you Detroiters who are a little lost in the world of romantic gifting, we partnered up with our friends at Daily Detroit to round up some detroit-centric Valentine’s Day ideas. We have ideas for romantic Detroit date nights, local events to attend and some out-of-the box Detroit made products that we are sure will make your sweeties swoon.
1. Sign you and your Valentine up for the hilarious, memorable and charitable Cupid Undie Run on February 14th. What’s more romantic than running half naked through the streets of Detroit?
2. Not interested in toughing it out for the Undie Run? Pick out some lingerie at Detroit’s new Busted Bra Shop.
3. Give a more meaningful piece of jewelry this year and give a one-of-kind piece by Rebel Nell, all made from repurposed Detroit graffiti and crafted by local Detroit women.
4. Plan a Detroit game night crawl. Head to Fowling Warehouse (think bowling mixed with football, mixed with horseshoe) then end the night at Punch Bowl Social for some Ping Pong, old-school arcades and maybe even a little karaoke.
5. Tap into your artsy side and enroll you and your partner in a pottery class at Pewabic. Try one of their BYOB Friday Night Out classes (there’s still openings for February 13th!).
6. Don’t just surprise them with a new Shinola watch, surprise them with a trip to the Midtown Shinola Store and let them pick one out for themselves.
7. Take them to the Detroit Zoo Gone Wild, it includes a strolling dinner, drinks and a revealing look into the mating rituals of your favorite zoo animals.
8. Head to the VLNTNSDYMRKT to pick up some Pot & Box flowers, Petes Chocolates or cards from The Detroit Card Co.
9. There’s nothing more romantic than old school Detroit and some live Jazz at Cliff Bell’s. Enjoy the art-deco atmosphere with some smooth music, a bite to eat, and a cocktail.
10. Valentine Vodka is an apt name for a vodka for this season! It’s high quality, too, and has a unique and tasty peppery finish. You can either grab a bottle as a gift, or maybe plan a night out at their fabulous tasting room in downtown Ferndale.
Don’t forget to check out Daily Detroit for some great pieces on what’s going on downtown!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! We have some thoughtful and sweet ideas for your Valentines this year.
1. Make Your Own Romantic Tees from SunFrog Shirts
This little t-shirt site started out as a couple college kids designing shirts for tourist companies & now there are over 36 million designs on SunFrogShirts.com. The beauty is that anyone can upload a tee shirt design & if your design sells, you make a commission. Here’s one of their big Valentine favorites & a sure way to score some major brownie points. “I love my wife” t-shirt, $24.99 or Hoodie, $39.99 15% off Coupon Code on TGI
2. Monthly Artisan Food Club by Mantry
Perfect for the man in your life. Mantry is a food of the month club that helps you discover american artisan made food and what to do with it. All american made, comes in a cool american made crate and the perfect gift for your foodie Valentine.
3. Firefly Eco-Friendly Oil Candles
These Eco-Friendly Oil Candles last much longer than wax candles & are a green alternative to wax. For a romantic Valentine’s Day idea fill their Hurricane Votive with rose petals or arrange a grouping of tea lights for a romantic surprise. Available in Tea light, votive, pillars & custom designs.
20% off Coupon Code on TGI
4. Godiva Chocolate Cigars For Him, Keepsake Heart Box For Her
If you’re going to give chocolate, give Godiva. Try these unique chocolate covered cigars For Him or their new limited edition heart-shaped chocolate keepsake box For Her. The boxes are beautiful to use as save boxes after you finish off all that chocolate.
5. Monogramed Rose Colored Handbags by Gigi New York
Gigi New York is one of our favorite leather companies as all of their pieces can be personalized. It makes the substance and practicality of giving a nice leather bag much more meaningful. We’re loving their new spring Rose Color for Valentine’s Day. Try their everyday clutch or tote.
6. A DIY Cuddle Kit w/ Chocolate Shop Wine
A DIY Cuddle Kit is a sweet way to give an “experience” but also a physical gift. Purchase a nice basket, a cozy blanket, wine (we love Chocolate Shop Wine for Valentine’s Day), a DVD, romantic playlist or a few games and you have a sweet gift and romantic date night coupled into one.
30% Off Coupon Code for Chocolate Shop Wine on TGI
Who’s your 2015 Valentine? With the most romantic day of the year around the corner, it’s just about time to start thinking about how to show your love. We want to help out! Here is a list of awesome gifts that will make this Valentine’s Day especially memorable. These gifts are playful, creative and will be a total hit! Be sure to check out our “For Valentine’s Day” board on Pinterest for more ideas.
DIY bouquet gift – “you comfort me”
Get creative and make a gift bouquet that tells your man what you love about him. We think this is fun and easy and will show your love!
This gadget is the key to your man’s happiness on Valentine’s Day morning, and who doesn’t love a good breakfast sandwich? The Breakfast Sandwich Maker puts all of the ingredients together and you’re ready to go…breakfast is served!