Holiday season is officially upon us! With celebrating, comes gift-giving and TGI is here to help. Thanksgiving dinner may be the main event this week, but we’re most excited for Black Friday. To make sure you get the most of your shopping, we’ve created a guide on how to navigate this crazy day. (Insider Tip: It’s all in the planning!) Happy Shopping!
Get a good night’s sleep. Deals start as early as 12 AM and you MUST be well rested to make it through this crazy day. Let the turkey do it’s job and hit the hay earlier.
Do your research. Got a favorite store? Get to Googling! Check and see if your favorite shops are offering any good deals to determine if they deserve your precious time (and money!!) on Black Friday.
Make a list and check it twice. Black Friday is not a day where you can just “wing it”. Know the stores you want to hit and the gifts you’re hoping to purchase.
Don’t give in to impulse buys. Think before you buy.. a great price does not necessarily make a great gift!
Avoid products that only have minor discounts. Don’t be fooled. Some of your go-to Black Friday purchases are not as steal-worthy as you think and Black Friday is about scoring the BEST possible deals! We’ve done some research and determined some key items you should steer clear of…
- Airfare & Vacation packages (January is a better month to plan your vacations)
- Chocolates & Flowers (Purchase perishable gifts closer to the holidays)
- Exercise Equipment (December is a better time for calorie-counters to purchase new equipment!)
- Designer Clothing (Hit the outlets instead!)
- Winter Gear (Winter is still in full swing, silly! Winter clothing is in stock everywhere and you’ll be able to find better deals later)
- High End Laptops (You’ll score a better price on a fancy laptop during the “Back to School” sales)
Understand the store return policy. Beware! Stores often implement “Final Sale” policies on Black Friday. Make sure you can return items that you are unsure of. If you’re buying a product as a gift, make sure the recipient can return the item if it’s not something they’re crazy about.
Products that we ALWAYS go for on Black Friday. As we’ve already stated, Black Friday is what we’re REALLY excited to celebrate. We’ve listed some items that we always hunt for on our shopping days!
- Beauty Items (Stores like Sephora and Ulta always have some fun steals! The perfect time to buy the product you’re dying to try)
- Apple Products (They’ve always got something new we want…)
- Luxury Items at an even Cheaper Price (We’re headed to Neiman Marcus Last Call and Off 5th!)
Don’t stress if you don’t find ALL of your gifts this Friday.. there is always Cyber Monday, right?!