You may have seen these beautiful handcrafted works of art on a recent shark tank! LovePops are not your typical greeting card, they are intricate 3D sculptures that lay flat and pop open to display incredibly designed teddy bears, flowers bouquets, tree scenes with a couple swinging underneath. It’s the perfect step above your average greeting card, perfect for when you are just starting out in a relationship.
2. Dating But Not Overly Serious For Him – GiftCrates ($25 – $145)
The solution for new relationship gifts is to think of their interests or hobbies and go from there. For him, choose a themed crate from GiftCrates from the bacon lover to a Chicago Bears fan and give him a whole crate full of snacks, gadgets and manly gear related to his favorite things. *note price in video is incorrect, bacon crate is $59.99
3. Dating But Not Overly Serious For Her – Emoji Pillow ($15)
This emoji pillow is a cute and flirty take on giving your lady a teddy bear for Valentine’s Day. It’s a little cheeky, a little romantic and just spot on for a just starting on Valentine’s Day. Add some unique and equally cheeky Valentine’s Day sweets like these “Hey Sugar Lips” gummies or “bear hug” gummy bears all available at Papersource.
The easiest way to go for a first big gift is give something he needs, something practical. This brand new company Blackwood Wallets has genuine leather wallets that start at $55 AND we have a 50% off code for everything. Use code Blackwoodevent for 50% off!
If you are looking to make it more personal, compliment with these personalized wallet inserts using your own handwriting from Etsy artist Vintage Branding Co.
5. You’re committed! For Her – Real Flowers that Last Blooms by Heinau ($10 – $449)
These game changing flowers are the perfect way to step it up from the usual bouquets and show you wanna make this last. These arrangements from BloomsbeHeinau are real flowers last 6 months or longer. 100% fresh-cut blooms are cut at their peak & the water & sap in the plant cells is replaced by a moisturizer prolonging it’s beauty. 25+ colors of roses and hydrangeas w/ 50+ different arrangements. All natural, maintenance-free & requires absolutely no water.
6. You’ve Celebrated A Few Key Milestones – GetWickd Candles Made From Your Own Bottle
These custom candles made from your own saved bottles are the perfect gift as you are starting to celebrate some happy milestones together: 1st Valentine’s Day, 1 year, engagements, anniversaries. Get Wickd from NYC, repurposes your special occasion bottles of wine/champagne/alcohol & turns them into luxe eco-friendly engravable candles. Save & mail your bottle, email your message & they engrave & fill your bottle with a natural soy candle & you choose the scent. (Start at $59)
We love anything you can personalize, which is why we’re very into Undone Watches. There 1 million unique combinations of customization, you can build your entire watch online from the color of the case & bezel to the hour and minute hands.We love that you can also upload a favorite photo or personalize the back of the glass caseback with a special message. Love that you can make this watch as individual as you are. ~$430 &
This elegant Riedel decanter has a special and perfect for Valentine’s Day twist. The heart cut out shines through when used (especially with dark reds) which makes this it a beautiful, elegant and keep forever piece. Pair with your favorite bottle of red and it will be a perfectly romantic gift no matter how many years it’s been. $225
Watch us chat w/ on Good Day Chicago about all these gifts. (with a little surprise appearance at the end from my new hubby!)
This holiday, with the help of our generous friends and family we took our gifting skills to downtown Detroit. We worked with St Vincent, a HeadStart preschool in downtown Detroit and gifted a classroom full of 4-5 year old a few gifts they asked Santa for – lots of Ninja Turtle toys, Frozen dolls and these dream like Frozen princess dresses for all the little girls. The kids couldn’t have been sweeter and it was such a meaningful and memorial day. Can’t wait for next year!
The wrapping process!
Packing it all up.
Heading downtown, of course we wore santa hats.
Could they be any cuter?
Time to unwrap!
The Frozen dresses and crowns…what dreams are made of.
Just hanging with the girls.
Thank you to our family and friends for donating so many generous gifts and the folks at St Vincent’s for allowing us to join in on their holiday spirit and spend the day with them.
We partnered up with Lettuce Entertain You this holiday season to curate some of our favorite LEYE-related gift ideas. We’re huge fans of the group — as a former Chicago gal, I so miss Mon Ami Gabi, RPM, Paris Club and nights with the girls up at StudioParis. Lettuce Entertain You, you do it right! And I am honored to be curating a guide for you.
For The Hostess
For your holiday hosts and hostesses, we love the idea of a bringing a “Drink Kit.” Pair a nice bottle of booze with all the fixings you need to make a special cocktail. For a tropical vibe, pair the popular Tiki Mugs from 3 Dots and a Dash with their funky seahorse swizzle sticks and a nice bottle of rum. Or pair the host’s drink of choice with drink related touches like slate coasters, metal straws or festive cocktail napkins – it’s thoughtful but perfect for any type of host.
For Your Client
Foodease, in Chicago’s Water Tower Place, is the perfect spot to build your own artisan holiday gift basket. You can customize each basket to fit each of your clients tastes by mixing and matching different types of chocolate, wine, candy or specialty goodies. Feel free to splurge on something for yourself in their heavenly “chocolate closet.” If you need something quick and easy, go for their impressive assortment of chef created baskets. All the gift basket goods are local and small batch products, so it’s perfect for your most discerning business associates. Call Foodease at 312.335.3663 or head in and get creative!
For the grill master of the family that already has every grilling gadget, steak rub and cookbook – try gifting him something he can literally put on the grill this year. No matter what part of the country he lives in, you can send him a meal (or 2) worth of filets from Wildfire through Lou Malnati’s Tastes of Chicago.
For Anyone on Your List
The Lettuce Entertain You Gift Card. If you spend $100 on Lettuce Gift Cards, you get a $25 holiday bonus to spend on another gift…or yourself. So stock up. Let the way you present your gift card be just as much a part of the gift. Wrap your gift certificate in a chic pouch, a leather wallet or a monogrammed business card holder. Just make sure they know there is something inside too! Giving a gift card to a younger one? Make them work for it and hide it in a balloon. Before you blow it up, insert your gift card, add some fun confetti and then require the recipient to pop it before they can get their gift.
Insider Tip: Pick a theme (or a country!) and get creative. Give a Lettuce certificate themed around a “Girls Night Out.” Suggest Studio Paris and gift with a sparkly clutch, bright red lipstick or get super crafty and create a DIY Hangover Kit for the next morning. Or play off the country – go Italian and suggest RPM and gift with a set of italian spices, a cheese board, an Italian Cookbook and package it all in a cute wire basket.
Tis the season for holiday shopping & gifting! There are so many gifts to choose from, we wanted to bring you some totally unique picks for the season for all those people in your life who have it all. Tune into WGN Chicago to see these picks live in action. Happy Shopping!
1. Metal + Wood Photo Prints from Inkdot ($25 – $270) – Inkdot is a Chicago-based company that takes those photos that are stuck on your phone or camera & prints them onto wood or metal.
2. Emojified Custom Portrait ($75) – For the teen or tech-lover in your life, here is a way to spice up their walls and their texting game with a custom Emoji portrait. You receive a print AND digital file based on the customization elements you provide the artist and delivery within 1 week after customization details.
3. Three Dots and a Dash Tiki Mug ($28) – For your holiday hosts and hostesses, we love the idea of a bringing a “ Drink Kit.” Pair a nice bottle of booze with all the fixings you need to make a special cocktail. For a tropical vibe, pair the popular Tiki Mugs from 3 Dots and a Dash with their funky seahorse swizzle sticks and a nice bottle of rum.
4. Personalized Dart Board from Darts & Decor ($50) – Get him something personalized for his Mancave. This customized 18” regulation size Dart Board is made of quality cork & finished with a metal frame, wire numbering & inner grid. Full color is printed directly on the Dart Board. Comes with two sets of darts and is the perfect gift for Him.
5. Custom Candles Made from Your Own Bottle ($59) Coolest way to savor sentimental memories. Get Wickd from NYC, repurposes your special occasion bottles of wine/champagne/alcohol & turns them into luxe eco-friendly engravable candles. Save & mail your bottle, email your message & they engrave & fill your bottle with a natural soy candle & you choose the scent.
6. Sound Amplifying Cell Phone Cases ($29) – This new brooklyn-based line of tech cases, Goze, can amplify your phone 2.5x without needing additional batteries or plugging anything in. They are also bright, fun colors AND they are also antimicrobial so helps handle the issue of how many grimmy germs are on all of our cell phone cases.
7. Customized Gift Robe Set from Luxor Linens – A personalized robe for 40% off – the perfect gift for the spa or pamper lover in your life. You can monogram these robes or personalize with their name and include the comfy slippers for the ultimate relaxing gift.
TGI Deal // Deal Price is $59.95 after you use GIFTINSIDER40
We’ve teamed up with some of these cool companies to bring you exclusive discounts and awesome ideas. We fully recommend the picks we’ve suggested!