The Gift Insider spends our days scouring boutiques, the web and magazines to find the hottest and most on-trend gifts out there. We’ve rounded up some of the latest holiday gift trends we are seeing this year.
1. State Pride Gifts - Totes, necklaces, soaps and prints in the shape of your state or with your neighborhood map have been huge. Try a state shaped cutting boards.
2. Alphabet and Letter Decor - Vintage Marquee Lights, metal and fabric intial letters are a great customized gift that gives a customized flare to giftees homes.
3. Glitz and Glam is Everywhere - Sparkles, gems and glitter are big with the ladies this season. Try Soap Baubles, soap in the shape of gems or glam nail polish from AKay Style are a great pic for any glam girl.
4. Monthly Subscription Services - It’s the new version of “of-the-month” clubs. Blacksocks is a subscription service that sends 3 pairs of black socks to your home 3 times a year for $89.00. Try The World sends you gift boxes from different parts of the world, first stop Paris.
5. Insta-worthy Gifts – New moms are loving, Belly Banter milestone monthly stickers are huge for the little ones to take photos of their growth each month and the XShot that let’s you extend your camera so everything and everyone can get in the shot.
6. Go Wireless - Wireless speakers like the Sonos that play your internet radio and playlists directly through your home speakers, solar iPhone charging systems, bluetooth BBQ thermometers. No wants to deal with the cords anymore.
7. Put Their Name On It - For the men, try these leather bound “hobby” books that can be personalized with their name for caffeine addicts try customized coffee grinds labels or gift your kids a photo of their name on an actual street sign.
8. Terrariums and Succulents - These are a huge trend in plants and floral. They last longer than flowers and give an urban flare to any home. Faerie Nest even has “naughty” miniatures to add to it.
9. Vintage + Retro - It’s all back. Use a vintage family photo and gift a one-of-a kind pillow to Grams or give a refubrished gramophone speaker to your favorite hipster.
10. DIY Everything – DIY or Do it Yourself gifts are all the rage with the crafty types, check out our Pinterest Board for Inspiration.