Between the holidays and Valentine’s Day it seems like everyone on your newsfeed just got engagement. Engagement gift etiquette is a well-debated subject. Do you even need to give gift? If so, when? How much should you spend? And of course, what exactly should you give?
Q. When Should I Give an Engagement Gift?
- If you are invited and attend an engagement party
- If you are very close to the couple (in the wedding party or close family)
- If they have given you an engagement gift in the past
Q. How much should I spend?
A. Engagement gifts are not where you should spend the big bucks. This is typically a smaller & celebratory gift, under $50 is completely fine. Bridal showers, Bachelorette parties and the actual Wedding Gifts are the ones to splurge on.
Q. What Should I Give?
WEDDING PLANNING MATERIALS
Q. When is it not required to give an Engagement Gift?
- If there are no hosted engagement events you are attending
- If they note no gifts on the invitation to an event (obvious, we know)
- If you can’t attend